Stop snoring with Zyppah.
You have probably heard the commercials with ‘Jimmy’ the New Yorker who says that continuing to snore or allowing someone to continue snoring is ‘disrespectful’. Zyppah is here to help fix that! We will take a look and see what exactly a Zyppah device is and how will it help you stop snoring?
Let’s take a look at snoring-
Occasional snoring happens to most people and is generally only a nuisance to those around you trying to sleep. Chronic snoring is another matter and can lead to long-term health (and perhaps relationship) problems.
The tongue is the root cause of snoring; it blocks your airway. A blocked or partially blocked breathing airway is what causes snoring. A Zyppah device helps prevent that from happening.
Common causes of snoring include:
- Mouth Anatomy: people with long or soft palate, larger uvula, enlarged tonsils, or extra tissue in the back of their mouth are subject to snoring.
- Nasal Problems: Congested nasal passages caused by a cold, or allergies can block the nasal passage and cause snoring
- Body Weight: fat can build up around the throat, narrowing your airway.
- Alcohol consumption: Alcohol relaxes your throat muscles during sleep, obstructing your airway. Prescription drugs or sleeping pills can also cause this.
- Sleep Apnea: Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is a serious condition that causes the throat tissues to completely block your airway, preventing you from breathing for 10 seconds or longer.
Snoring, especially that caused by OSA, can cause or be a symptom of a number of serious medical conditions and side effects including:
- High Blood Pressure
- Thickening of the Heart Muscle (ventricular hypertrophy)
- Irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Fatigue and low energy
A Zyppah device can help stop snoring, allowing you and anyone sleeping near or with you to get a better and more fulfilling night’s sleep.
However, if you have been diagnosed with a serious sleep disorder like OSA, you need to check with your doctor, as the Zyppah device is not sold as a substitute for conventional OSA treatments.
Zyppah was developed by Dr. Jonathon Greenburg, a dental sleep professional and sleep apnea expert. Dr. Greenburg graduated from NYU Dental School in 1981. He is involved in the Sleep Apnea Prevention Project. Additionally, he operates 5 ‘Snore No More’ dental clinics with two partners in California.
How does Zyppah work?
The Zyppah device goes directly to the root of your snoring, the tongue, and prevents it from blocking your airway. Zyppah uses a tongue strap, like a seat belt for your tongue, to prevent the tongue from blocking your airway. Additionally, Zyppah is device that juts your jaw forward, hence creating a clearer airway.
The most common strategies for stopping snoring are tongue restraint and Mandibular advancement. This device is a hybrid. As a result, it does both by:
- supporting your tongue to open your airway
- advancing your lower jaw
- providing superior comfort.
Based upon reviews and the Zyppah website, there are a number of advantages this device has over competitors or similar type products.
- One of the Zyppah devices advantages is that it has an easy to do custom fitting process that is done at home. (your device can be re-molded up to 3 times)
- Because you customize it’s fit at your home when it arrives, it is quick and easy to start using- no back and forth with molds to the manufacturer.
- Zyppah is made from high quality and more comfortable plastics and is manufactured right here in America, and is free of BPA and is hypoallergenic.
Listen to Jimmy and be ‘respectful’ of your sleeping partner. Get a better, more comfortable and restful nights sleep yourself. Look in to the Zyppah device as a solution to your pesky snoring problems.