Spring Air Sleep Sense BioMax Mattress:
The Sleep Sense BioMax mattress by Spring Air is their updated, cutting edge entry in to the new and growing ‘Green’ and Eco-Friendly market and is even being touted as ‘Eco-Safe’. The Sleep Sense BioMax collection carries the Specialty Sleep Associations Environmental Level II Safety Seal of Approval. With Spring Airs’ Level II certification, they can say every component used from top to bottom is recognized a having a more positive impact on the environment.
About the Sleep Sense BioMax Mattress:
The Sleep Sense BioMax collection offers four different mattress models that come in:
- Memory Foam
Sleep Sense BioMax Comfort level options include:
- Extra Firm
The Sleep Sense BioMax mattress collection can offer you the following features:
- Anti-static silver-infused fabric- to reduce static and help prevent bacteria growth and unpleasant odors from getting established.
- Temperature-regulating latex- Latex conforms to every curve of your body and helps to alleviate areas of high pressure.
- Pressure-relieving latex topper
- Body-contouring memory foam and latex- Memory foam is temperature sensitive and continuously molds and adjusts to the shape of your body.
- Patented shoulder and hip relief zones with elevated lumbar support
- Zoned BioMax Core- The patented bio-based foam core delivers unique pressure relief and lumbar support.
- Durable zoned foundation made from certified-sustainable wood
- 20 Year Warranty
- Pricing Range for Queen Sets of $1299 to $2299.
These features combine to provide Shoulder Pressure Relief, Lower Back Support and Hip Pressure Relief to give you a more relaxing, comfortable and refreshing night of sleep.
Eco-Friendly and Green Certification:
The Sleep Sense bioMax mattress collection boasts an impressive list of ‘Green’ industry certifications and recognition. Here is a list of the certifications and agencies that distribute them, a way to give you an idea of what exactly they mean.
Specialty Sleep Association– A non-profit advocacy and education association that advocates and promotes the use of new technologies using synthetic and green, sustainable solutions. The SSA Environmental & Safety Program Certifications are designed to help consumers understand the safety and environmental attributes of mattresses. A Level II Certification means a manufacturer must:
- Meet all Level I certification requirements.
- Disclose materials used in construction and achieve a minimum of 20% of natural/biobased, pre-consumer recycled content material, and/or steel in component categories of fabric and quilt, and 10% for core.
- Certify the top fabric (closest to consumer during sleep) through either Oeko-Tex Standard 100 or Global Organic Textile Standard
- Flexible polyurethane foam products must achieve CertiPUR-US certification
- Latex foam products must achieve Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certification.
The Oeko-Tex Standard 100- A globally uniform testing and certification system for textile raw materials, intermediate and end products. The tests for harmful substances look for substances, which are prohibited or regulated by law, chemicals known to be harmful to health and parameters, which are included as a precautionary measure to safeguard health. The more a product comes in to contact with the skin, the stricter the human ecological requirements it must fulfill.
CertiPUR-US- A voluntary testing, analysis and certification program developed by members of the global foam industry that highlights their commitment to the safety, health and environmental performance of it’s products. The CertiPUR-US tests for durability, content and indoor emissions. This label indicated the product has been tested and certified by an independent laboratory to meet specific criteria for physical performance, indoor emissions and environmental stewardship.
Forest Stewardship Council- The FSC was created to change the dialogue about and the practice of sustainable forestry worldwide. A product bearing the FSC guarantees that the wood used in the product is from a certified well-managed forest.
Spring Airs Sleep Sense BioMax mattress collection is a bold move for one of the industry leaders in to the emerging eco friendly market, you can learn more about these products at the Spring Air site.